How to get to El Chaltén
Located in Lago Argentino Department, on the northern margin of Lago Viedma, at the confluence of Río de las Vueltas and Río Fitz Roy, in the Reserva Nacional Zona Viedma of Los Glaciares National Park. El Chaltén was founded in this place for geopolitical reasons. The town was set inside the one hundred hectares of protected area assigned to this issue. The breathtaking natural wonders give life to this young tourist village, which is becoming the new World Trekking Mecca.
• At Hotel Los Cerros can be reached from El Calafate along Provincial Route 11 , Route 40 to the National and then taking the Provincial Route 23.
• From the airport of El Calafate to Hotel Los Cerros travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes combie or car.
• From the city of El Calafate to Hotel Los Cerros there are 220 km and can be covered in about 2 hours and 45 minutes by car or combie
• From Los Cerros hotel to Viedma Glacier Route 4 km and 4 km gravel and walk in about 30 minutes.
• From Los Cerros Hotel to Lake Desert there are 37 km of gravel road and walk in 1 hour and 15 minutes approximately